This Paleo Baked Sweet Potato with Avocado & Baon recipe is oven-baked, tender, and topped with crispy Applewood Smoked bacon and whipped avocado. Angel suggests that we add a little Paleo Honey Mustard Dressing to the top, but I’m a traditionalist and like it as is. Just wanted to throw that out there for those of you that like to try new things. It sounds like an odd combination, but everything really does go together nicely.
So we’re ramping up to get going on our Christmas recipes and what a crazy time we’ve been having! There just seem to be so many baked goods over the holidays! Wow. Every time I turn around, I feel like I’m writing down ideas for more! I can’t wait to get the house all decorated and the tree up – this weekend, hopefully! With the tree up, it just gets the holiday season going. I just love this time of year! I can’t wait to buy presents for Angel!
Recipe: Paleo Baked Sweet Potato with Avocado & Bacon
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Hass Avocado
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Applewood Smoked Bacon strips
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork or knife all over. Rub the sweet potatoes down with the olive oil and rub with coarse sea salt, then bake them on a baking sheet, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, peel and de-seed the avocado. Mix with about ¼ tsp of both coarse sea salt and black pepper, then add the coconut milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- Cube the bacon (nitrate and nitrite free please!!) and cook over medium (~5) heat until slightly crispy.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, cut them down the center, fluff them, then top with the avocado mixture and bacon.
- Sound odd, but its really good, we promise!
- This recipe can easily be made Vegan, just omit the bacon!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Goes well with our Paleo Pulled Pork!