This recipe for Paleo Brownies is made with almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, coconut milk, eggs, honey, coconut crystals, vanilla and chocolate and is so decadent, you’ll forget you’re Paleo! We like to make this recipe for birthdays or celebrations, as it is sweeter than we would usually eat, but is easy to make and always a big hit!
So did everyone have a Happy New Years? I hope so! We are so excited to get this new 2012 year started the Paleo way. In the new year for us, new apps, some wild fitness, our new vivos and Angel got a head camera from Santa, so we’ll be blasting you with some one to one video! So excited! But back to the food…
Recipe: Paleo Brownies
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- ¼ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 cup raw Honey
- 2/3 cup Coconut Crystals
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tbsp Brandy (if you are strict Paleo, omit)
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- *Optional: 3 oz Dark Chocolate
- *You can get away with using only one kind of flour and sugar, but it does actually make a difference in the way these taste. No big deal if you wanna sub, but this is my recommendation.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8×8” baking dish (mine is glass). OR you could do 2 larger ramekins (as pictured).
- In a bowl, combine the flours, sea salt and baking soda. Set aside for later.
- Blend the eggs, honey, coconut crystals, vanilla, coconut milk and brandy (if you are using this). Set aside for later.
- If you are using the chocolate, heat the coconut oil on low (I use a 4 on my stove) and once warm, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. We use sea salt dark chocolate and omit the ¼ tsp sea salt. It will melt the chunks within a minute, so keep on stirring.
- Pour the chocolate and oil into the dry ingredients. Mix to take the temperature of the oil down, then slowly add the egg mixture, stirring while pouring…I like to do it this way, just to make sure that the eggs don’t cook in the hot oil.
- If you aren’t using the chocolate, combine the wet ingredients and sugar in a blender and add to dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the greased 8×8” baking dish (or ramekins). We use coconut spray oil, but any will do.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes (ours is 33 exactly) and enjoy!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 33 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Try this with our delicious Paleo Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream!