This recipe for Paleo Butternut Squash Soup is made with garlic, shallots, and apples and is seasoned by paprika, cinnamon, and nutmeg and is velvety, smooth and a little sweet and buttery. Really, it goes with almost anything…fish, chicken, pork, beef. We like to make this recipe with our Paleo Beef Tenderloin and Paleo Brussel Sprouts for a complete and delicious meal! Just make sure to test the squash before transferring it to a blender or food processor…you want to be absolutely sure that everything is cooked through and soft or you’ll have lumps in your soup. Perfect for fall, enjoy!
Wedding planning…wedding planning…wedding planning. That’s where we’re at. Planning a Paleo wedding is harder than it looks! Caters just do not want to cater to our Paleo menu. But never to fear, we’re going to figure it out! We’ve been travelling so much for work and this wedding that we haven’t had as much time to get to posting as we’d like. I’m going to try to make sure that I make time though, it is so calming to get in the kitchen or garden and zone out for a while!
Recipe: Paleo Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 1 Gala Apple
- 4 Shallots
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp ground Paprika
- Pinch ground Cinnamon
- Pinch ground Ginger
- Pinch ground Nutmeg
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp White Pepper (or to taste)
- De-seed, peel, and roughly dice the apple and butternut squash. Set aside for later.
- Heat the oil over medium (~5) heat. While the oil is heating, peel and roughly dice the shallots and garlic. Once the oil is hot, add the shallots and cook until they are fragrant and beginning to turn translucent. Next, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Make sure the garlic doesn’t burn, or it will taste bitter.
- Peel then dice the apple and butternut squash, then add them to the garlic. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the maple syrup, paprika, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vegetable broth, coconut milk, sea salt and white pepper. Stir to incorporate, then turn the heat down to medium-low (~4) heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Then uncover and cook until the butternut squash is completely soft.
- Transfer all of the contents of the saucepan to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. This soup is velvety, buttery, and smooth when ready.
- This recipe is Vegan!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes? Try our Paleo Apple Cider or Paleo Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries, Bacon & Caramelized Onions!