This Paleo Cancer-Fighting Green Juice is sweet, with the flavor of apples with a touch of lemon…but really made with kale and lettuce and celery and TONS of great stuff! This juice contains antioxidants, Vitamins A, C, and K, fiber, calcium, and iron to name a few as well as other awesome vitamins and minerals that are great for cancer-fighting, immunity boosting, calorie burning, and stress-relief…not to mention these fruits and veggies have anti-inflammatory and healthy digestive properties. No more muscling down those veggies, now you can drink them in the form of a tasty fruit juice! …like the theory of a V8 only Paleo… and awesome. Some people think that juicing is actually beneficial to the body because you do extract all of the nutrients from the plants without having to make your gut work to digest the fiber (which can also be good for you, I am in no way saying fiber isn’t good for you…), but those are theories really. What is true about juicing? You get vital nutrients without having to ingest the pulp…meaning that for all of you I-HATE-Veggies types, I don’t have to lecture you to eat your greens anymore! You can just drink em, like fruit juice! Delish! Notes: lemon rind can be a gut irritant, so if you have sensitivities, peel the lemon and discard the rind before juicing it. BIG NOTE: Fresh juicing can easily develop bacteria, so only make what you think you’ll drink (according to Mayo Clinic).
So I just got back from a really great trip to Chicago, IL. If you haven’t been, it is absolutely worth every penny. It is one of my favorite cities. The culture, the food, the tourism, the music…it is just awesome. My parents met me up there, as they live in Southern Indiana, which was even better because we got to catch up and do all of the touristy stuff. Day 1: We went to the Shedd Aquarium, where we saw whales and sharks, and an amazing jellyfish exhibit! We saw a jellyfish that had electric currents running through it that you could see…crazy! It’s truly amazing what intricate ecosystems they can keep alive. It’s awe-inspiring!
Recipe: Paleo Cancer-Fighting Green Juice
- 2 cups Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups Kale
- 2 cups Celery
- 1 cup Granny Smith Apples
- 1 cup Honeycrisp Apples
- ½ Lemon
- 1” knob fresh Ginger
- NOTE: If you are not using organic vegetables and fruits, you’ll want to peel all of them. You’ll lose some of the nutrients, but you’ll save yourself some nasty pesticides. If you can’t buy all organic, check out our guide to Organic vs. Non-Organic FAQ for a list of the most important foods to buy organic.
- Wash the lettuce and cut off the bottom. Next, scrub and wash the celery, apples and lemon; there’s no need to peel them, we want those nutrients. Peel the ginger and half of the rind from the lemon; we want the nutrients from the lemon, but the oils can cause some stomach discomfort, so if you have sensitivities, remove it all.
- Add all ingredients to a juicer and enjoy!
- This recipe is Vegan and should be drank in the same day.
- This drink equals one day’s servings of fruits and vegetables.
- This recipe is Vegan!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Looking for more Veggie-Replacement Juices? Try our Paleo Cardio Green Juice!