Paleo Chicken Pot Pie is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods! My mom used to always make chicken pot pie and it was just the best…it still might be now that we have a Paleo recipe for it! With fall just around the corner, I’m ready for some fleece, movies and comfort food, that’s for sure! It also happens to be a great recipe to use some of that leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
Do you ever have those weeks that you think are never going to end? I think Angel and I are both having one of those weeks! We’ve been so busy! Even when we’re taking time for ourselves, we seem to just be running around like crazy people. Sometimes I have to remember that I work to support my life and Paleo Effect, not live to work.
Recipe: Paleo Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 Chicken Breasts*
- Paleo Adobo Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Walnut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium Yellow Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Carrots
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 tsp dried Sage
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Paleo Biscuits
*Or leftover turkey from Thanksgiving!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice the chicken. Then dust the chicken with Paleo Adobo Seasoning. Heat 1 tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil and cook the chicken. Drain the grease and set the chicken aside.
- Dice the onions, carrots, celery, sweet potato (skins on) and mince the garlic.
- Heat the rest of the oil over medium high heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are almost translucent, then add the arrowroot and incorporate – this should look like a paste. Then add the chicken stock and coconut milk. Mix thoroughly. Next, add the remaining vegetables, chicken and season with sea salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to low (~3).
- Cook, covered, until the mix is thick and the vegetables are slightly soft. Spoon into 4 regular, oven-safe ramekins and set them on a baking pan.
- Cover the filling from edge to edge with the biscuit mix (about ¼” thick) and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and cook until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbling out the edges, about 10-15 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Need something sweet? Try our Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies!