So we spent the whole weekend cleaning and getting things ready and only 2 more days until my sister comes to visit! I’m so excited to introduce her to Paleo! There’s nothing like sharing the gift of good eating with loved ones :)
Today we’re going to share some good old fashioned chicken wings. These are slow cooked in the oven and the meat just falls off the bone. So good!
Recipe: Paleo Chicken Wings
- 12 Chicken Wings
- Paleo Adobo Seasoning
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- If your wings were previously frozen, dethaw them. Angel likes to do this in water, but you can sit them out on the counter or (if you HAVE to) use the microwave.
- Dust the wings on all sides with Adobo, sea salt and pepper. We use gloves and make sure that they really get a good rub down.
- For Grilled: try medium-high heat, for about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- For Oven Roasted: Cover them with sauce. Again, you can use a brush after you put them on a baking sheet, or you can pour some in the bowl and toss to coat. Spread them out on an ungreased baking sheet, make sure that the oven is preheated to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. **Note: I like my wings a little less wet, so I like to use a pan with a rack or one that has a drip pan below it to keep them a little crispy. Angel likes his to literally fall off the bone – at which point, you just need a baking pan with a lip (so the juices don’t run off the edges). Bake your Chicken Wings for about an hour and a half. I’d check them at an hour and fifteen and go from there. When they are done, toss them in a bowl with our BBQ sauce if you like them extra saucy.
- For Frying: (featured in our image above), I suggest medium-high heat (around a 7 or 8 on my oven) and I would use Coconut Oil or Safflower Oil – cook about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Or, you could fry the skin for just a second (on high heat) and then follow our oven recipe…that way, the skin would be really crispy, but it wouldn’t be completely fried. Your choice!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 2