This Paleo Chocolate Cake recipe is made with cashew flour (you can substitute almond flour or coconut flour as well, which are both great), cacao powder, honey, vanilla, eggs, coconut oil and sea salt. Now, I don’t know if you consider chocolate as Paleo, but we believe that it is OK – as long as you get the dark chocolate, organic, that contains no milk or refined sugars, etc etc and so forth and so on. Especially if it is in the form of cacao, which is full of antioxidants.
I’m making this cake for Angel for Valentine’s Day (maybe even in the shape of a heart), because he really likes a sweet treat every now and again. We don’t actually celebrate Valentine’s Day, so I usually make a dessert and we just hang. Why not say I Love You with some decadent Paleo Chocolate Cake, right??!
Recipe: Paleo Chocolate Cake
- ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup raw Cashews
- ¼ cup Cacao Powder
- 5 Eggs
- ½ cup raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We like to mix the baking soda, cashews, and cacao powder together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sea salt, eggs, honey vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together in a blender until the ingredients are blended (about the consistency of traditional pancake batter).
- Transfer the batter into a 8″ round, glass baking dish or individual ramekins that have been greased with coconut oil and a little cacao.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes – or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe is Vegetarian!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8