This delicious Paleo Cranberry Chocolate Bar recipe is made with raw nuts and dried fruits, medjool dates, and cinnamon. It’s as simple and one, two, three…just pulse and go! I make these things at the beginning of the week, for those moments when we need a quick bite to eat. They travel easily and give you a great little boost! Plus, they taste awesome…especially around this time of year.
I’m switching it up a bit this week, so we’ll start with the recipe and end with the news. So, what a great weekend. We had our friends Christine and David visiting from Tennessee and it’s probably a good thing they don’t live here or we’d weight a million pounds! The weather was fantastic and we walked around Riverside and just caught up, drank wine, and ate great food. It’s always nice to have friends in from out of town. Unfortunately, we ended up getting nasty colds from hanging out outside too late last night and spent the day trying to rest up so we don’t feel crappy for work tomorrow! I do have to mention that we added 2 new additions to the house yesterday too! Two baby Jackson’s chameleons, Lucas & Lady! We’re so excited to have them here and they are just the greatest, most interesting animals!
Recipe: Paleo Cranberry Chocolate Bars
- ½ cup raw Pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened Coconut flakes
- ¼ cup dried Cranberries
- 6 Medjool Dates
- ¼ cup Roasted & Sea Salted Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 cup Roasted & Sea Salted Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp ground Allspice
- ¼ tsp ground Cinnamon
- Combine the pecans, unsweetened coconut, dried cranberries, dates (de-seeded), pepitas, maple syrup, allspice, cinnamon and 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds in a food processor and pulse until well incorporated.
- Once the mixture has reached its desired consistency, stir in the chocolate chips and the remaining sunflower seeds.
- I like to line a 8.5” x 4.5” bread loaf pan with parchment paper or something that can help you lift the bars out of the pan. Press the nut mixture into the pan and let sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, cut into 6 bars. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to eat!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Makes 6 (1” x 3”) bars
Not in the mood for these Paleo Cranberry Chocolate Bars? Try our Paleo Coconut Cream Pie Snack Bars!