These Paleo Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes are oven-roasted, and have a savory flavor, made with herbs, olive oil, and garlic. Not the biggest fan of coconut milk? Don’t worry, you can’t taste it at all. The coconut milk just gives it a smooth texture, which is nice and creamy.
Do you ever have those weeks where you are just so busy that you forget what day it is? Well, I think Angel and I have both been there this week. It’s just flying by! Sometimes when I have a really stressful or busy week, I like to make us some comfort food, something warm and homey.
Recipe: Paleo Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 cups diced Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp dried Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice the sweet potatoes, then toss them (if you’re leaving the skins on, be sure to wash them first!) with the minced garlic, olive oil, coarse sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes, shaking once or twice to rotate – they should be very soft when ready.
- While your potatoes are in the oven, combine the coconut milk, herbs, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Before you add them, make sure that your herbs are well ground or you’ll crunch on pieces of them when you eat – and nobody wants that, trust me.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Don’t have one? No worries, you can use a hand mixer or go old fashioned and mash all ingredients together with a fork until you reach the desired consistency. Season with coarse sea salt and black pepper if you need to adjust the seasoning and serve.
- This recipe is Vegan!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4