So I got to see my mom this weekend. She and my grandma and my aunts all went to spend a mother/daughter weekend at St. Simon’s in GA and let me come up for a day. It was so nice to get to see my mom! I miss family so much being down here, but since Angel and I are in the same boat (his are in PR), it makes it a little easier to handle. Thank God for cell phones!!
Anyway, today I’m giving you a recipe for Ginger Shrimp. I like this recipe because it is a little of everything, spicy, sweet, and VERY easy! …for days when I just don’t want to try, but I do want to eat something delicious ;)
Recipe: Paleo Ginger Shrimp
- 15-20 raw Extra-Large Shrimp
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Wheat Free Tamari if you do soy)
- Juice of ½ Lime
- ¼ cup Red Onion
- 1 Green Onion
- ½ Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Honey
- 1 dried Arbol Chile Pepper
- 1 tsp Coconut Vinegar
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste ~½ tsp each)
- Put all ingredients except the shrimp into a food processor (or mince finely) and blend thoroughly. Peel and marinate shrimp in the mixture and leave in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Oven Baking: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping once around the 8-10 minute mark.
- Grilling: Preheat the grill to medium-high heat and cook for 1 ½ – 2 minutes on each side. If you are grilling, I suggest skewering the shrimp first – just because they will be easier to flip and maneuver. I also suggest oiling the shrimp first – we use coconut oil.
- Pan Searing: Heat a pan to medium-high, add a tablespoon of coconut oil, and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, no skewering required.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6