This Paleo GraNOla recipe is made with medal dates, coconut flakes, almonds, and coconut oil and seasoned with vanilla, honey, and sea salt. It makes me happy because I grew up on granola and now I don’t have to miss it! Easy to make and great for Paleo Cereal! If you’re trying for crispy gra-NO-la, you’ll want to check up on it often at about the 25 minute mark. You don’t want them to burn and you may have to cover them with a little tin foil. Also, this recipe works well as a breakfast food with any dried fruit or chocolate for something a little seasonal!
After we gorged ourselves with Chicago food, we hit the Museum of Science and Industry for our last hurrah before I had to fly home. It was a great trip, we saw cloned mice, a machine that prints flavor, a WW2 submarine and all sorts of crazy memorabilia. If I didn’t miss Angel so much, I would have really hated to leave! I wanted to get back to my babies and my man and catch up on life and all of his adventures in Baltimore and Nashville…more to come!
Recipe: Paleo GraNOla
- 1 cup Medjool Dates
- ½ cup unsweetened Coconut shreds
- ¾ cup sliced Almonds
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp raw Honey*
- ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- We like to melt the honey in the oil with the vanilla extract first. This just blends the wet ingredients and makes sure that they are incorporated. It only takes about 20 seconds in the microwave.
- While the honey is melting, place the almonds and coconut shreds in a pan over medium heat and stir occasionally, until the almonds and coconut are toasted.
- Pulse the dates in a food processor or blender and pulse until the date are finely chopped, then add the almonds and coconut shreds, as well as the sea salt and honey mixture. Pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and well incorporated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly distribute the almond mixture in chunks.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes for chewy Paleo GraNOla or 30-35 minutes for crunchy Paleo GraNOla.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool.
- Awesome as a Paleo Cereal with blueberries & coconut milk!
- This recipe is Vegan!
- Makes about 2 cups
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2