This Paleo Honey & Sea Salt Nut Medley recipe, which is used in our Paleo Pear & Pecan Salad, is made with pecans, pipettes, sunflower seeds, honey, vanilla and sea salt. I know a lot of people doing the Paleo lifestyle are off the sugars altogether, but every now and again I like a little bit of something sweet – very rarely, but true. That’s why we make desserts…its not to say to eat them every day, but they are there for the rare occasions. A quick note for the recipe, you’ll want to watch it towards the end, because it will not taste good if it burns even a little.
Restaurant Review Day 1: So our first stop in Denver was Vine Street Pub. It’s got a great home-town vibe with good music and amazing service. I mean, AMAZING service. Everyone there was very friendly, knowledgeable and fast. I had the junk burger without cheese and the roasted garlic mayo is definitely something that has inspired us to make a version of our own. Angel had the SOB sans the cheese (both of us bunless of course) and it was very tasty also…I think mine was better, but to each their own! Their burgers are all antibiotic and hormone free too. For our side, we had an amazing sweet potato, vegetable and bison chili, which if it makes an appearance when you go, you should try it. Definitely delicious! After Vine Street Pub, we walked over to the Thin Man, a little bar with an Alice and Wonderland meets a Big Band theme. They have some really interesting cocktails with homemade infusions, which are very tasty!
Recipe: Paleo Honey & Sea Salt Nut Medley
- ½ cup raw Pecans
- ¼ cup raw Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- ¼ cup raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Tbsp raw Honey
- 1 tsp Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the honey, water, and vanilla extract in a bowl and microwave for 5-10 seconds or until the honey is liquid. Stir all to combine, then pour over the pecans, pepitas, sunflower seeds, and then sprinkle around the sea salt. Stir all to coat.
- Pour the nuts out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I like to make sure that it is a thin layer, so that everything bakes evenly. Bake the mixture for 6-10 minutes, or until the nuts are browned, but not burnt.
- Remove from heat, let sit to cool, then break into pieces and eat!
- This recipe is Vegan!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 3
Try this recipe in our Paleo Pear & Pecan Salad!