I am so ready for the weekend! I hope it is sunny and beautiful and we can go outside and enjoy it. It was so dreary last weekend that I just don’t know if I can cope with another. So in high spirits for a beautiful beach weekend, full of bike riding and relaxing, I’m sharing with you one of our summer favorites.
Spanish word of the day: la mujer (woman)
We came across a kiwi drink when we were in Puerto Rico at a absolutely fabulous restaurant called Marmalade and I just couldn’t get it out of my head. After the trip, I went home and started experimenting, so I wouldn’t lose that idea, and I came up with this recipe.
NOTE: The directions are specific. You should follow them or it won’t turn out right.
Recipe: Paleo Kiwi Cachaça Cocktail
- 2 Shots Water
- 1 ½ Shots Cachaça (or white rum if you don’t have it)
- 3 Tbsp Kiwi Puree
- 1 tsp Coconut Crystals (or raw Sugar)
- Juice of ½ Lime
- OK. If you are making your own kiwi puree, which I recommend, then this is the step where you need to follow directions.
- Cut the kiwis in half and spoon out the seeds into one cup and the rest of the green pulp into a blender (or Bullet, My favorite). Throw away the furry brown outside.
- Puree the green pulp and then mix the seeds into it. I like to throw away any big chunks (throw away = eat), but you don’t have to. If you blend the seeds, it will turn bitter. So you definitely want to scoop them out and add them back in after you puree the rest.
- Once you have that done, the rest is easy. Just add the rest of the ingredients, stir until the coconut crystals are dissolved and serve with a wedge of fresh lime.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1