This Paleo Mayo recipe is made with cage-free eggs, lemon juice and mustard powder and is thick and Vegetarian. We really love mayonnaise and light to use it as a base for sauces and salad dressings. It’s important to have a go-to recipe that always pulls through for you too. If you follow the instructions exactly, this recipe is tried and true and will never fail you!
Hopefully, I can break this current trend in my workflow… I get all caught up in things and I forget to post, then I feel bad so I try to make up for it by posting a lot. We really do need to find a better flow. Sigh. I always wish I had more time to make these posts and this site even better!
Recipe: Paleo Mayo
- 1 cup Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk only
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp ground Mustard Seed
- ½ Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Coarse Sea Salt (or to taste)
- Let everything come to room temperature. You MUST do this or it won’t turn out – trust me, we’ve all failed a million times because of this. Blend the eggs, mustard and salt together – you can do this with a whisk, hand mixer or blender, but I use our new food processor, because its the s*** and I love that thing. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon and vinegar. Add half to the eggs, whisk or blend, and set the other half aside.
- Slowly add in the oil, a few drops at a time, I mean a SLOW stream. DROPS if you are whisking. Go slower than you think you need to until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Once half of the oil is added, you can add the other half of the lemon mixture. Then whisk or add in the rest of the oil.
- Leave this at room temperature for 1-2 hours, then you can refrigerate for up to one week. Check your eggs’ expiration date too, you’ll have to factor that in.
- This recipe is Vegetarian!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Makes about 1.5 cups