This recipe for Paleo N-Oatmeal tastes like oatmeal, has the texture of oatmeal, but is made from bananas, flaxseed meal, coconut milk, vanilla and applesauce! We like to keep the dry mixture of this in the pantry and just add the banana and applesauce for a quick breakfast that will stick to your ribs. This recipe has potassium and B vitamins, for energy…so who needs coffee, right?! Haha! You can also use vanilla extract (try 1/2 tsp if you’re substituting for the ½ vanilla bean) and good ol’ regular cinnamon if you can’t find the roasted saigon.
Oh, I am very ready to be done with this book. You would think that because we have the website that it would be already done, but no. It wasn’t even close. Between the merger we are having at work, this book, dealing with my teeth (I just went to get my crown finished and the tooth was wrong, so now I have to wait a month!), Angel’s apps, and everything else, I am just tired and ready to turn everything in! It will be great once it’s out there, but it’s so stressful! I have never cooked so much in my life.
Recipe: Paleo N-Oatmeal
- 1 ripe Banana
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ Vanilla Bean
- 1/8 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Roasted Saigon Cinnamon
- Strawberries or Blueberries (to top)
- Cut the vanilla bean in half, scrape the seeds out with the back side of a knife. Discard the pod or save it for making vanilla extract.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (or mash by hand) until smooth. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring at the 30 second mark. Top with fresh fruit and serve warm.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 1
Got a little extra time? Try our Paleo Pancakes!