This recipe for Paleo Pancetta Stuffed Mushrooms is made with fresh mushrooms, pancetta, shallots, Paleo Breadcrumbs, sage, olive oil and sea salt and black pepper and is simple, balanced and perfect for dinner parties because it is so fast to make! If you don’t want the taste of caramelized shallots, you don’t even have to cook them before baking. You can literally chop everything up and stuff the mushrooms, shove them in the oven and you’re done. For a dinner party, it really doesn’t get much easier than that! I also want to note that I put white button mushrooms, because they are delicious, but also readily available. If you have access to baby portabella mushrooms, I would ask that you try those if you can…they have a different flavor that can really compliment the stuffing. Enjoy!
Well, we’re almost finally back from all of our adventures! First, we went to Miami, then the cruise to Cozumel, then I had to travel for work to Richmond, VA again, then off to San Francisco, then Indianapolis for my best friend from college, Amy’s, wedding, then down to see my parents in Southern Indiana. Whew! What a trip! Most of it was either work or wedding stuff, but we did get to enjoy a little bit of it. In San Fran, I met my sister’s new boyfriend, Derek, and we went hiking in Muir Woods to check out the redwood trees. I found some hilarious cooking supplies in Chinatown, we stopped at Aesop (Angel’s favorite!), went to Napa to visit Acacia Winery & Saintsbury Winery (also Angel’s favorite…and I’ll have to say more about that later!!) and got to catch up. Not too much relevant wedding stuff, but I was sort of glad by the time I got to my mom’s house…because that was intense! It was so nice to see my friend Amy. I missed her so much and didn’t even realize it….crazy how fast time flies and how you never really lose your sisters…no matter how negligent! She was so happy and radiant and beautiful, I couldn’t have been prouder of her. If you’re reading this, I love you tons and congratulations on your marriage! In honor of her wedding, we’re going to be posting a really special wedding cake recipe this weekend, so stay tuned!
Recipe: Paleo Pancetta Stuffed Mushrooms
- 6 White Button Mushrooms
- ½ cup Pancetta Americana
- 2 Shallots
- 3 Tbsp Paleo Breadcrumbs
- 9 fresh Sage leaves
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the mushrooms with a damp cloth to remove any of the dirt – don’t soak them or they can soak up the water and get a little soggy.
- Dice the shallots. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to a pan and heat over medium-high (~6) heat. Once hot, add the shallots and cook, stirring, until the shallots start to turn translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Chop and the pancetta and sage and add them to a bowl. Add the shallots, Paleo Breadcrumbs, sea salt and black pepper…you may want to adjust to taste. Mix it all together thoroughly.
- Remove the stems and any large gills. Rub the mushrooms down with olive oil on all sides and place them stem side up on a baking sheet. Stuff them with the pancetta mixture and bake them, uncovered, in the oven for 15-17 minutes. Mine were about 2.5” in diameter and I baked them for exactly 15 minutes.
- This recipe can easily be made Vegan, just sub out the pancetta with zucchini!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3
Looking for more flavors? Try our Paleo Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms!