This Paleo Salsa Verde recipe is made with green tomatoes, red onion, fresh cilantro, garlic, chili peppers, lime juice, and spices, and is tart and sweetly-spicy. The crispness of the fresh vegetables really complements fish, chicken, beef or pork, but we also love it with our Paleo Plantain Chips for a vegan appetizer. This can be served roughly cut or pulsed in a food processor if you like the flavors more incorporated.
I am very excited to share something with you today. It is a major discovery! Are you ready?? OK, here it is…I have found the key to all happiness. Turns out, its just bike riding and classical music…who knew, right? Hahaha, just kidding, but really, sometimes I find that the little things and the little moments of having nothing to do, but think and enjoy the weather and relax are the best things in life. They are rare, but necessary to keep your sanity!
Recipe: Paleo Salsa Verde (Paleo Green Salsa)
- 3 Green Tomatoes
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 Bird’s Eye Chili Peppers
- 1 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- ¼ tsp ground Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp White Pepper
- Dice the green tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro. De-seed and de-stem the bird’s eye chili peppers, then mince them and the garlic cloves and combine both with the tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Next, add the lime juice, chili powder, cumin, coarse sea salt and white pepper. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- NOTE: If you like your salsa less chunky, just put it all in a food processor and pulse it until you read your desired consistency.
- This recipe is Vegan!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 0 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1-2 cups
Try it over our Paleo Fish Tacos or Paleo Taco Salad! Looking for a frosty drink to go with this delicious meal, but not sure what alcohol is Paleo approved? Check out our Paleo Alcohol Guide to help you make the wisest choices!