So rainy days always make me want to cook comfort foods. One of the things that I’ve grown to love over the years is a good shepard’s pie. Warm, fluffiness of the mash on top of the hearty stew beneath makes me just happy. Especially when it’s raining. So tonight, we’re sharing this recipe with you!
Recipe: Paleo Shepard’s Pie
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice the carrots into ¼” discs, peel and dice the onions and celery.
- Heat the duck fat over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Add the carrots and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add the onions and celery and sauté until they caramelize (light brown). Add the arrowroot, thyme, and sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the meat with Paleo Adobo (just a light dusting), add to the vegetable mixture, and cook until no longer pink. Add the tomato sauce and beef stock. Turn the heat down to medium and let the sauce reduce. Once thicken, transfer the mixture into a greased 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Pour the mashed no-tatoes over the meat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then turn up the heat and broil for 5 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Looking for more Irish recipes? Try our delicious Paleo Corned Beef & Cabbage!