This Paleo Teriyaki Braised Beef Short Ribs recipe is seasoned with sesame oil, chicken stock, coconut aminos, orange juice, garlic, ginger, and sea salt! This is one for days when you have time to let something just cook over time. It doesn’t require a lot of YOUR time, just time to cook. You could easily make this in a crockpot if you have to leave the house and don’t want to leave the oven on. I like to check up on it every now and again to make sure that it isn’t getting too done, but you’ll be able to tell by the bones and the texture of the meat when you poke it with a dull knife. If the meat is falling from the bones, check it, it’s probably realllly close if not done. If the meat is hard to pull from itself, it needs more time. That simple folks.
We are on full tilt at the Ayala-Little household lately! As I’m sure you’ve seen, we’re releasing our first cookbook (you can buy it here!) and we’re mighty excited about it! Being that Paleo Effect is not either of our actual jobs, it’s kind of cool to see it in physical form. Of course, we’ve been really critical of it, as we didn’t have absolute control, but I think it turned out nice and hope that everyone agrees. We put it together in a couple of months, so if there are a few mistakes, go easy on us! We even put new recipes in there, so BOOM! Good stuff. Don’t kill us on the Amazon reviews if you can help it ;)
Recipe: Paleo Teriyaki Braised Beef Short Ribs
- 1 lb Beef Short Ribs
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 ½ cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1” piece fresh Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp fresh Chives
- Optional: Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Paleo Teriyaki Sauce
- Rub the short ribs down with sea salt on all sides. Heat the sesame oil and olive oil over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the short ribs. Sear each side until brown to seal in the juices.
- Once each side has been seared, add the chicken stock, coconut aminos, orange juice, crushed garlic cloves, and ginger (I like to leave large slices) and bring it to a boil. The meat should be covered. If not, cover it with a little water.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium (~4), cover and cook for 1 hour. After one hour, turn the heat down to low and cook for another 20-30 minutes, uncovered. The meat should be almost falling off the bones and very tender.
- Make the Teriyaki according to the directions, leaving the sauce a little thin. Once the sauce is ready and the meat is cooked, transfer the meat only to a bowl, pour the Teriyaki sauce over it and toss to coat.
- Garnish the short ribs with chopped chives and toasted sesame seeds (if you’re using them).
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Try this recipe with our delicious Paleo Crispy Sweet Potato Fries!