Since we’re doing 2 posts today, I’ll make this first part brief. Go See Argo. A really great movie – we were on the seat of our pants! Ben Affleck should pretty much ONLY direct movies…and ONLY act in the movies he directs. Great flick, go see it.
So here’s the second part to our earlier post. We love this recipe because you can make the bread in advance and the topping is so easy to make that its great for guests or throwing something together quickly. I want to make only one point and that is that the basil really needs to be fresh to make this recipe the way we intend. Will it be ok with dried herbs? Sure. Will it be great? Eh, no guarantees.
Recipe: Paleo Tomato-Basil Bruschetta
- 2 large Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 6 Basil leaves
- ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper
- Paleo Everything Crostinis
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice and de-seed the tomatoes. Mince the garlic, chop the basil and combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Top our Paleo Everything Crostinis with this Paleo Bruschetta mix and bake on a baking sheet for 12-15 minutes or until warmed through.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4