This Paleo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is made with full-fat coconut mil, eggs, raw honey, vanilla means, meyer lemon juice, coarse sea salt and is the perfect summertime dessert! And with the thermometer hitting 100 degrees here in sunny Atlantic Beach, Florida, it is officially the dead heat of summer. So why do we love this Paleo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream so much? Well, I’ll tell you! It’s fresh, light, cold, sweet with a hint of tart…and classic. It doesn’t get more summer than this! This recipe is a must-have for everything from picnics to pool parties, birthdays and holidays. Try it with our Paleo Apple Pie (see our book!) or Paleo Chocolate Cake! Just one of the many additional recipes we have in our Paleo Effect Cookbook, available via Amazon…if you like this like content and want more of it…no pressure or anything… ;)
Well, Angel and I are finally back in town from our little vacation. We booked a 4-night cruise for his birthday to see Gavin Degraw in Cozumel, Mexico. So we’ve been out for a while, but we’re back in action now! I always like to do a little review of where we go, just in case we go back. So, day 1 we spent the night in Miami, Florida. We got in late and I really don’t have much to say about it, because we weren’t there for more than a couple of hours, but we did eat a late dinner at Jamón Ibérico Pata Negra and it was absolutely fantastic. The restaurant is small, authentic and homey. The staff is small and respectful, gliding around the room, taking care of everything without you even noticing. They have mastered service and Angel and I noticed. The food was hand-crafted and the love that went into making it shone through the presentation and flavor. We had the Jamón Ibérico and the Jamón Serrano alongside a Paleo cheat of Manchego cheese and Sangria Roja… all of which I would highly recommend. And yes, the price tag on that Jamón Ibérico looks a little steep, but it is totally and completely worth it. The meat is fresh and flavorful and direct from the source. It’s the best I’ve had to date. Felip (the owner) came out and greeted every patron in the restaurant with a warm, welcomed smile – which felt like icing on an already very sweet cake. We would definitely return to this restaurant and would highly recommend it…just don’t tell too many people about this hidden gem!
Recipe: Paleo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 (14oz) can Coconut Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp raw Honey
- 3 Vanilla Beans
- ½ tsp Meyer Lemon Juice
- Pinch Coarse Sea Salt
- Put the full-fat coconut milk on the stove and heat to medium high. Scrape the insides of the vanilla bean out with the back of a knife and add to the coconut milk. Heat, whisking, until the vanilla bean is evenly distributed and the oils begin to break out of the coconut milk. Take off the heat.
- Mix the eggs to incorporate and then slowly whisk them into the milk mixture– the key is to add the eggs very slowly and constantly whisk. You don’t want them to cook in the coconut milk.
- Then add the sea salt, honey and lemon juice.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Once cool, add it to the ice cream maker and follow the instructions on your ice cream machine (ours instructs to layer the ice and the rock salt and let it go for 20 minutes).
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can put the mixture in the freezer and stir every 10-15 minutes until it is the consistency you want. It won’t quite be the same, but it would suffice.
- This ice cream is best when made fresh.
- This recipe is Vegetarian, but can easily be made Vegan if you omit the eggs!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Try our Paleo Strawberry Ice Cream!