This Fluffy Paleo Wheat Bread is fluffy, light, sandwich bread that is made from arrowroot powder, flaxseed, and eggs, with a little walnut oil for a buttery taste. Best part of this bread? It iisn’t dense or heavy like the rest. It doesn’t have a weird coconutty flavor or texture. So I left you all hanging and did not post once when I was gone, and for that, I’m going to make up for it by posting something VERY special. This recipe is for bread…and no, not something that is bread-like – this is honest to God, bread. You can eat a sandwich on it. You can toast it. You can put olive oil on it and pop it in the oven and make Paleo Everything Crostinis. It’s a darker variety – similar to a wheat bread (if you’d like to compare).
So I have been very neglectful over the past week. Angel and I went to Louisville KY (I had work), and then we went home to see my parents in Indiana since we were already most of the way there. We had a great time going to wineries in Southern Illinois and we went up in the arch in St. Louis. It really was too short, but we had a great time. We went on a Budweiser tour (for the history, not the beer) and got to see the clydesdale horse and the little firehouse dalmatian dog. Super cute, really nice tour if you’re ever interested in a little St. Louis history!
Recipe: Fluffy Paleo Wheat Bread
- 1 ½ cup Arrowroot Powder
- 1 cup Flaxseed Meal*
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 4 Tbsp Walnut Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Coconut Vinegar
- Coconut Oil Spray
- *If you want more wheat tasting bread, use regular flaxseed meal. If you want something a little lighter, try golden flaxseed meal. If you want Fluffy Paleo White Bread, try this link!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the arrowroot powder, flaxseed meal, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to incorporate.
- In a blender or separate bowl, combine 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites (so yes, you need 8 eggs total…save those additional egg yolks to make Paleo Lemon Vanilla Créme Brûlée!), walnut oil, and coconut vinegar. Blend or whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the egg mixture (wet ingredients) into the arrowroot and flaxseed (dry ingredients) and mix until there are no longer any dry lumps. Pour into a greased bread loaf pan (smaller if you want square sandwich loaves, bigger if you want longer, thinner loaves).
- Spray or rub your muffin tins or bread loaf pan down with the coconut oil. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes for the full loaf. If you are making our Paleo Everything Crostinis (using muffin tins), then bake for 20-25 minutes, uncovered, as muffins will bake faster.
- This recipe is Vegetarian!
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4