This week is our anniversary. We’re not quite sure what day we started dating exclusively, so we just picked a week in the middle of where we thought it should be. I know it seems like more, but this week is 2 years for us. With that in mind, I’d like to take a moment to let Angel know how much I love him and how happy I am that he sticks with me! It has been the best 2 years of my life, and I can’t wait for what comes next! He is the reason this site exists and why I continue to try to make new recipes!
This is a fun dessert. It is fluffy and sweet and best served immediately. The flavor unfolds with the texture and that is one of the things I love about the soufflé. Its just a fun experience – and one that you don’t have to give up because you are Paleo!
Recipe: Paleo Banana Soufflé
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Coconut Crystals (or raw, unrefined Cane Sugar or Honey)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Pinch ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Coarse Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray oil onto 4 ramekins (or glasses ~ 4 oz.) and set aside.
- Peel and puree the bananas. The riper they are, the easier they will be to smash.
- Boil the water and sugar. Then add the bananas to the water and sugar mixture and stir. Then add the arrowroot and cinnamon. Cook until the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, take off the stove and allow to cool down completely. It will look kind of chunky and nasty, but this is correct.
- In a stainless steel bowl, whip the eggs and sea salt until they are frothy. Then add 1 Tbsp of coconut crystals (or sugar) and whip more, until the eggs have stiff peaks. THIS IS IMPORTANT – THEY MUST BE STIFF PEAKS.
- Fold the banana mixture into the eggs. Then pour into the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins onto a baking sheet. Place in the oven, then immediately turn the heat down to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Looking for something else? Our Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are delicious!