Happy Saturday to all of our Paleo friends! We just got some fantastic chocolate today, so I thought while Angel was working, I would make some delicious chewy chocolate chip cookies for when he comes home! He’s gonna be soooo happy!
As a note, baking is always easier if you have some sort of lard or butter, so if you eat dairy, I would substitute with coconut oil with butter. If you don’t, then follow below, this recipe is so good! The cookies come out fluffy and chewy and perfect. Enjoy!
Recipe: Paleo Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Golden Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 3oz Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 drops Almond Extract
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp Walnut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix the almond and coconut flours, golden flaxseed meal, sea salt, baking soda, arrowroot powder and dark chocolate.
- For the wet ingredients, I like to use a food processor or blender to incorporate all, but you may mix however you like. Combine the honey, vanilla and almond extracts, coconut and walnut oils, and egg.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or grease with oil).
- Take a spoonful of dough and drop it onto the baking sheet. It should be 2-3 inches across and ¼ inch thick. It is important to note that however they look on the pan is how they will look when they are done. So if they are ugly going in, they will be ugly coming out.
- Cook on the middle rack for 9-12 minutes depending on your oven (mine is exactly 10 minutes).
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 24
Goes great with our Strawberry Ice Cream!