Do you ever have those weeks where you are just so busy that you forget what day it is? Well, I think Angel and I have both been there this week. It’s just flying by! Sometimes when I have a really stressful or busy week, I like to make some comfort food. I know it’s a creative Paleo stretch, but I just love garlic mashed potatoes. So I came up with this recipe to give me that steak n’ potatoes fix…and I must say, its pretty darn good. It’s savory, not sweet, even though it has coconut milk in it – which is really important for the flavor of this dish.
And don’t worry…we’re giving you all the fixings to go with it!
Recipe: Paleo Garlic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 cups diced Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp ground Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the diced sweet potatoes (with skins still on, be sure to wash them first) with the minced garlic, oil, sea salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes, shaking once or twice to rotate – potatoes should be really soft.
- While your potatoes are in the oven, combine the coconut milk, herbs, lemon juice and cayenne. Make sure that your herbs are well ground or you’ll crunch on pieces of them when you eat – and nobody wants that, trust me.
- When the sweet potatoes are done, put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Don’t have one? No worries, you can use a hand mixer or go old fashioned and mash all ingredients together until you reach the desired consistency. Add sea salt and pepper if you need to adjust the seasoning and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4