One of my favorite comfort foods in the whole is a Paleo Chicken Pot Pie. My mom used to always make chicken pot pie and it was just the best…it still might be now that we have a Paleo recipe for it! With fall just around the corner, I’m ready for some fleece, movies and comfort food, that’s for sure!
Do you ever have those weeks that you think are never going to end? I think Angel and I are both having one of those weeks! We’ve been so busy! Even when we’re taking time for ourselves, we seem to just be running around like crazy people. Sometimes I have to remember that I work to support my life and Paleo Effect, not live to work.
Recipe: Paleo Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Paleo Adobo Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp Walnut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium Yellow Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Carrots
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets
- 1 tsp dried Sage
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Paleo Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice the chicken. Then dust the chicken with Paleo Adobo Seasoning. Heat 1 tbsp of the extra virgin olive oil and cook the chicken. Drain the grease and set the chicken aside.
- Dice the onions, carrots, celery, sweet potato (skins on) and mince the garlic.
- Heat the rest of the oil over medium high heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are almost translucent, then add the arrowroot and incorporate – this should look like a paste. Then add the chicken stock and coconut milk. Mix thoroughly. Next, add the remaining vegetables, chicken and season with sea salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to low (~3).
- Cook, covered, until the mix is thick and the vegetables are slightly soft. Spoon into 4 regular, oven-safe ramekins and set them on a baking pan.
- Cover the filling from edge to edge with the biscuit mix (about ¼” thick) and pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and cook until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbling out the edges, about 10-15 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Need something sweet? Try our Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies!