Wow, so we’ve been really busy lately! I feel like I haven’t posted in a while. Sorry for that! Since we’ve been gone, we went to a fantastic birthday party for our friend Veronica, found out my cousin Amanda is pregnant with her first child, and Angel’s best friend Johnny got married. We’re so happy for him and Lauren, they are really great together. It is amazing to me how fast time flies. …but in a good way. This recipe, Paleo Crab Cakes is simple to make and really delicious. You can use any kind of crab meat, I like to cut it down a little so it distributes evenly.
Recipe: Paleo Crab Cakes
- 10 oz Crab Meat (I like jumbo lump best)
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Paleo Mayo
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Paleo Breadcrumbs
- 1 Garlic clove
- ½ Tbsp Stoneground Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup Celery
- ¼ cup Sweet Onion
- ½ tsp Coconut Aminos (or wheat-free Tamari)
- Sea Salt and Pepper (~1/4 tsp each)
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Coconut oil
- Mince the garlic and finely dice the celery and onion. Combine all ingredients, taking care not to break apart too much of the crab. I like to mix everything else first, then add the crab. Take a 1/3 measuring cup and fill it with the mixture. Turn it out into your hand and smash it into a flat, round disk, about ¼” thick. Do this to all of the mixture.
- Heat 3-4 Tbsp of coconut oil over medium-high heat (~7 on my range). Once hot, add the crab cakes.
- Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes on the first side. Be very careful on the flip! They are delicate and need to be flipped carefully or they will fall apart. Cook another 1-2 minutes, until brown.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Garnish with cilantro and green onions and our Paleo Remoulade Sauce!