I haven’t had a lot of experience cooking red meat…I’ve been some variation of vegetarian or chicken/seafood for quite some time. Actually, I hadn’t eaten red meat for 10+ years until I met Angel. …love makes you do crazy things!!!
Anyways, I season the meat if I have something in mind, but Angel almost always cooks it. I can, however, stalk him like a crazy person while he does cook it so I know how long things need to be done for…which is what I’ve done for this recipe! We truly are yin and yang on cooking – he knows everything I don’t…but I’m definitely learning fast! If you wanna learn fast too, keep on reading!
Recipe: Paleo Rib Eye Steak
- 1 lb, 1” thick Grass-fed Rib Eye Steak (look for even marbling, bone)
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Paleo Adobo Seasoning (for dusting, about 1 tsp)
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- First, I’m sure you’re wondering…1 whole pound of meat??! Are these people crazy?! …well, yes, but not about this. We like to cook extra and make lunch of it the next day. If you want to use something smaller, its OK. The times below are built for THICKNESS, so try to stick to 1” thick. More? See below. Less? Reduce your cook time. See our Perfect Steak Cooking Guide for more.
- Anyways, I like to put the steak in a bowl and drizzle a little of the oil on both sides. Next, dust the seasonings on both sides and rub into the meat.
- I let the meat sit for a minute while Angel heats up the grill. If you need a little guidance on the perfect way to cook your steak, go to our Perfect Steak Cooking Guide for a complete list – both on the grill and in the oven!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet tags: High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 2