As we are getting ready to go on vacation to see Angel’s family in Puerto Rico, I am pushing off my Paleo Snacks for next month (I know, so lazy! So selfish!). And, in the spirit of going on vacation, I am trading my cooking experimentation for packing.
That being said, it’s amazing what you create by changing only a few simple ingredients. We love this salad. We trade out the shrimp and throw in left over chicken or pork (we did it with BBQ the other night and it was awesome). The French dressing is really easy to make, and very versatile. I make it in advance and keep it in the fridge.
Recipe: Paleo Shrimp and Bacon Salad
- Diced the tomato, red onion, and avocado and toss them in the warm French salad dressing.
- Dice and cook the bacon until crispy and add it to the dressing and vegetables as well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease over medium-high heat (~7) and add the almond slices and toast.
- Coat the shrimp in the adobo seasoning. You don’t need that much, just a light dusting. Cook the shrimp in a little olive oil until pink and cooked through. Don’t forget to season with sea salt and black pepper as you cook the shrimp.
- Toss all ingredients in the French salad dressing and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet tags: Low calorie, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 4
Looking for something a little meatier? Try our Paleo Chicken Salad!