This Paleo Peach Cobbler recipe is made with peaches, honey lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice and has a medjool date, walnut, honey and flaxseed crust. It is the perfect picnic or summer block party recipe. It really is great this time of year, as the peaches are so sweet, you almost don’t need the honey! If you don’t like yours juicy, you’ll want to drain a little of the liquid before pouring the peaches into the baking dish, or add a little arrowroot powder to thicken it up. We don’t, as we like the juice, but just sayin. Also, watch the topping. Once you take the foil off the top, it can get browned pretty quick, so make sure to check up on it.
Well, I finally bought a car!! I got a beautiful Honda Crosstour – its black on black with zero previous wear and only 31,000 miles. It is beautiful! Its almost unbelievable to me that it is finally done! Driving to work has been such a joy. You know, you really don’t realize how the little things in life can really wear you down, but that car I had was making me in a terrible mood every single day of my life. It was so unreliable at the end and I had to do so many little tricks just to get it to run that I didn’t realize it was making me really angry all of the time. I feel like I just went on Prozac…and it feels great.
Recipe: Paleo Peach Cobbler
- 5 Peaches
- ¼ cup raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ tsp ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground Allspice
- ¼ tsp + pinch Coarse Sea Salt
- 5 Medjool Dates
- ½ cup raw Walnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Coconut flakes
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ¾ cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Golden Flaxseed Meal
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel, de-seed and slice the peaches. Add the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey, vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon allspice and ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt to the peaches and gently stir to incorporate. Pour the peaches mixture into a baking dish. We like to use an oblong ceramic dish (~7.5” x 5”).
- Roughly chop the dates, coconut flakes and walnuts. In a separate bowl, combine dates, coconut flakes, and walnuts with the coconut oil (we leave ours kind of solid), almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, 2 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir to incorporate, then spread the topping out over the peaches and sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes. We sit ours on a baking sheet, just in case it overflows. After 25 minutes, uncover the dish and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and crunchy, but not burnt.
- This recipe is Vegan!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Try it with our Paleo Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!