This recipe for Paleo Shrimp and Bacon Salad is made with fresh, wild caught Mayport shrimp, fresh vegetables and a homemade Paleo French Salad Dressing that gives everything a nice smoky, tangy flavor. It’s also very versatile and can be easily changed into a variation by simple swapping out the shrimp for chicken or barbequed pork. The Paleo French Salad Dressing is really very easy to make, and very versatile as well. We like make it in advance and keep it in the fridge.
As we are getting ready to go on vacation to see Angel’s family in Puerto Rico, I am pushing off my Paleo Snacks for next month or maybe later if I don’t get to it…which I need to (I know, so lazy! So selfish!). And, in the spirit of going on vacation, I am trading my cooking experimentation for packing.
Recipe: Paleo Shrimp and Bacon Salad
- Dice the tomato, red onion, and avocado and toss them in the warm Paleo French Salad Dressing.
- Heat a saucepan over medium (~5) heat. Dice the bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes, then add just the bacon to the dressing and vegetables.
- Reheat 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat over medium-high (~7) heat and add the almond slices and toast until lightly browned.
- Coat the shrimp in the Paleo Adobo Seasoning and a little black pepper. You don’t need that much, just a light dusting on all sides. Heat the olive oil over medium-high (~6) heat and cook the shrimp until pink and cooked through (no longer translucent).
- Toss all ingredients in the warm Paleo French Salad Dressing and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Looking for something a little meatier? Try our Paleo Chicken Salad!