Good Morning and Happy 4th of July!! We’re really hoping that the weather is good today and sunny and we hope that yours is great as well! As for catching up, Angel’s startup app, Rostr, just got funded! I can’t wait to tell you more about that once I know if they accept or not :)
I’m starting the holiday off with cake because I want to use this recipe in another. So this morning, we’re making this delicious vanilla pound cake, so that this afternoon, we can make a berry trifle. This recipe is sweet and a little lighter than a tradition pound cake, but tastes just as delicious!
Recipe: Paleo Vanilla Pound Cake
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Honey
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup Applesauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine the sea salt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, eggs and applesauce. Stir to incorporate.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Pour the batter into a greased (we use coconut oil) 8” x 8” baking dish.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Diet tags: Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 6
Makes 8” x 8” Cake
Try this recipe in our Paleo Berry Trifle!