We’ve really just had a wonderful week, busy…but really great. Maybe it’s because Angel and I went out so much that he hasn’t had as much time to work, and hence, more time to spend with me! …is it selfish? yes, but I still love when I get to spend time with him. We met some new friends and went boating and really had a relaxing, good time.
This recipe for wilted kale is fast, takes minutes and is great with so many recipes. AND it’s packed full of beta carotene, vitamin K and C and is an anti-cancer food! It doesn’t get better than that!
Recipe: Paleo Wilted Kale
- 4 cups Kale (cut or broken into pieces)
- 4 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl big enough to fit all ingredients, combine the minced garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, chopped tomato and pine nuts.
- Put the water in a pan and heat over medium-high heat (I use about a 7 on my oven). Once bubbles begin to form in the water, add the kale and reduce the heat to medium (5 for me), cover and cook for 5 minutes. I like to toss it once in the middle to make sure all of it is evenly cooked.
- Once wilted, remove from heat and drain the excess water. Add the kale to the garlic and lemon juice mixture and toss to coat. Season with sea salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Gluten free, Raw
Number of servings (yield): 4